East Ahmad Basha Solitude Place
LandmarkLocation: It is aroundthenave, in theeasternside
LandmarkLocationrelativetoDome of therock: East of theDome of theRock
LandmarkHistory:In 1006 AH 1598 AD
Reason of the name: Namedafterthepersonwhoordereditsconstruction; Ahmed Basha Al-Radwan.
Builder Name: Itwasconstructed on an orderfrom Ahmed Basha Al-Radwan.
Details of theshape:
Consists of twostories. Eachstoryconsists of oneroom. usestheupperroomtoguard Al-Aqsa Mosque, thebottom is a store.
Additional Information aboutthelandmark:
Ottomanconstruction, nowused as a translationoffice (documentsand a placefortourists’ guidance). Itwaspreviouslyused as a roomforworshippingandteaching. Below it a roomalsopreviouslyusedforworship.
An Overview of theLandmark:
Ahmed Basha’s villa wasbuilt in (1006 AH) byorder of Ahmed Basha Al-Radwan. Itconsists of twostoriesandeachstoryconsists of oneroom.
Theupperroom, overlookingtheRock, is usedforguardingthemosque, andtheloweroneserved as warehousestore at thebeginning of theOttomanera.
It is located on theedge of thenorthernRock’snave, on theeasternside. It is nowused as a translationoffice (translation of textsand a place of guidanceforvisitors). Itwasformerlyused as a roomforworshippingandteaching.